Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chocolate Easter Crosses


My dad's surprise party didn't have a choice but to happen on Good Friday. As a true Catholic, I decided I should incorporate something to symbolize the importance of this day. A while back I saw this cross mold at Michael's and ended up purchasing it a few weeks later (with a 20% off coupon, of course.) I had never attempted melting/molding chocolate before so I decided to go for it and hope for the best. I do not have a stove in my apartment so I went for the microwave method. I put 7-10 chips in a glass bowl and melted on 50% power (very important!) for around a minute. I wanted it to be about 75% melted and then when you stir it, the acquired heat melts the rest. I used a fork to stir and to help pour into the molds. I insert the sucker sticks at this time and spin them around to ensure adequate chocolate coverage. I put the mold in the freezer for 15 minutes and remove! The molded suckers and candy pieces pop right out. 
I think they turned out lovely & were a big hit at the party. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment